Skip to main content

A penny for your thoughts


I've never been a party person -- drinker, smoker and bar fly, yes -- but social gatherings really push the limits of my comfort zone. I think of parties as rejection enablers -- opportunities for lots of people to come together in a mutual distaste for me and everything I stand for.

Stepping into this whole social media scene is equal in my mind to walking out of the front door naked. It's just not something I feel comfortable doing. Today I created a Facebook page for my blog; I joined Twitter and Pinterest; and I haven't the slightest clue how to manage any of it. I want to participate in all of these e-circles, but I'm not very good at the marketing piece -- My name is Alexis, and I like to write silly stories about myself, and post them on the Internet; will you be my friend? It sounds so pathetic.  

I follow these advice bloggers who frequently stop short of reporting anything valuable, because they're all selling books -- self-help crap about blogging for cash; blogging for love; blogging for fame; blogging for food; and so on. 

Everyone says "do a contest; give something away," which is great if you have stuff like books and planters and bags of rubber dog poop to dole out as prizes for people. I have two daughters, and sometimes I'd like to get rid of them. But I don't think they'll fit them in the mail box?

OH MY GOD -- I feel like one of those PBS people asking for donations "so we may continue to provide you with quality programming."  



Comments

  1. I stumbled upon your blog via Pinterest. I'm intrigued to see what you will blog about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay comments -- thank you, thank you. I mostly blog about my impressive compilation of failures in life, work and family; and the general ridiculousness of being the scatterbrain-writer wife of an obsessive-compulsive engineer. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. OMG funny picture of Lilly! Will you come smoke and drink with me?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I showed you mine -- it's your turn now.

Popular Posts

Another birthday -- blah!

Take a hike

Something is missing